Name : Dr. Asit Bandyopadhayay
Qualifications : Ph.D. (Management), M.B.A (Systems & Operations), M.Sc.
Work Experience : 17 years
Research Interests : Supply Chain Optimization, Green Supply Chain, Designing Logistics Network, Software Project Management, e-waste and sustainable development, Optimized Container Loading and Unloading Plans, Process Modelling.
Dr. Bandyopadhayay has total 17 years of experience out of which 3 years in corporate 14 years of research and teaching experience in premier B-Schools of north India and Universities of India like the University of Burdwan, Gautam Buddha University etc. in the areas of operations and supply chain management. Dr. Bandyopadhayay has published several research papers in international and national journals and presented papers in conferences.
- Abidi N., Bandyopadhayay A. & Gupta V. (2017). Sustainable Supply Chain Management – A Three Dimensional Framework and Performance Metric for Indian IT Product Companies. International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management, 10(1) (Forthcoming, Scopus Indexed).
- Bandyopadhayay, A., Banerjee, A. & Abidi, N. (2016). A Modified Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) Approach for Measuring Route Efficiency of Bus Transport. Annals of Data Sciences, 3(2), 1-17. (Springer Publication).
- Bandyopadhayay, A., & Banerjee, A. (2016). In Pursuit of A Sustainable Traffic And Transportation System: A Case Study of Kolkata. International Journal of Management Practice. (Forthcoming, Inderscience Publication, Scopus Indexed).
- Yadav, S. S. K., & Bandyopadhayay, A. (2016). Communicating Sustainability across the Functional Hierarchy of the Organisation Hierarchy: An empirical study of the Indian ITES Sector. International Journal of Management Practice. (Forthcoming, Inderscience Publication, Scopus Indexed).
- Yadav, S. S. K., Gupta, H., & Bandyopadhayay, A. (2015). Selection of a Sustainability Awareness Project in an academic institution using the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). International Journal of Technology Management and Sustainable Development, 14(3), 205. (Scopus Indexed).
- Mehta N., Dutta S & Bandyopadhyay A. (2015). Social Awareness through New Media. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Computational and Applied Sciences, 11(3), 258.
- Jain M., Bandyopadhayay A., & Abidi N. (2015). Electronic Procurement Adoption Framework – A Case Based Study of Indian Automobile Companies. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 10(12), 30521. (Scopus Indexed).
- Yadav, S. S. K., & Bandyopadhayay, A. (2015). The E-Waste Legislation and Contemporary Sustainability Issues in India: A Critical Analysis. Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, 11(3), 245. (Sage Publication).
- Yadav, S. S. K., & Bandyopadhayay, A. (2014). A Comprehensive Framework for Sustainability Awareness through Social Media - A System Dynamics Approach. International Journal of Logistics Economics and Globalization, 6(2), 129. (Inderscience Publication).
- Yadav, S. S. K., & Bandyopadhayay, A. (2014). In pursuit of enhancement of the message of sustainability: a curriculum centric archetype approach. Review of Research, 4(2), 1.
- Yadav, S. S. K., & Bandyopadhayay, A. (2014). Everything as a Service (XaaS): A Review. Golden Research Thoughts, 4(5), 1.
- Yadav, S. S. K., & Bandyopadhayay, A. (2014). In pursuit of Sustainably Driven Information Technology Service: An organizational e-Environment perspective. Asia-Pacific Marketing Review, 3(2), 135.
- Bandyopadhayay, A., & Jain M. (2013). Role of Information Technology in developing a Framework for an Efficient Electronic Supply Chain. International Journal of Logistics and Supply Chain Management Perspectives, 2(3), 358.
- Gupta V., Abidi N., & Bandyopadhayay A. (2013). Supply Chain Management - A Three Dimensional Framework. Journal of Management Research, 5(4), 76-97.
- Gupta, V., Abidi, N. & Bandyopadhayay, A. (2013). Framework for Managing Innovations in Supply Chains of ICT Products. International Journal of Innovative Research and Development, 2(12), 160.
- Bandyopadhayay, A., Banerjee, A. & Sengupta, P. P. (2012). Pollution As a Consequence of Public Transport: A Case Study of Kolkata, India. Journal of Management Research, 4(1), 1.
- Bandyopadhayay, A. & Roy D. (2012). A Heuristic Modelling for three-dimensional container loading problem. International Journal of Modelling in Operations Management, 2(4), 345. (Inderscience Publication).
- Bandyopadhayay, A. & Roy, D. (2010). Cargo Unloading Problem: A quantitative modelling for arriving at optimum strategy. International Journal of Modelling in Operations Management, 1(2), 125. (Inderscience Publication).
- Bandyopadhayay, A. (2009). A Structure for Classifying Private Information in A B2C E-Commerce Transaction. Global Journal of Enterprise Information System, 1(1), 54.
- Bandyopadhayay, A. & Rai, H. (2009). Pricing & Marketing of the e-Databases and deficiency of Users: A Case Study of Delhi. Journal of Enterprise Risk Management, 1(2), 47.
- Bandyopadhyay A., Mehta N. & Dutta S. (2013). Video Games to Convey Serious Messages – A Study Using Food Force 2 Game. KIET International Journal of Communications & Electronics, 1(2).
- Bandyopadhayay, A. & Chakrabarty, S. (2008). Application of Genetic Algorithm in Practical Life. Chintan, 1(1), 26.
- Bandyopadhayay, A. (2007). BIOMETRIC-An Emerging Security System. Prabandhiki-The Journal of CMS-IILM-AHL, 1(1), 91.
- Bandyopadhayay, A. & Gupta, V. (2004). Supply Chain Management: A Model Based Approach. The Journal of IEM, 1(1), 24.
- Bandhopadhayay A., Tomar G., Kumar M., Sharma P. & Sajwan T. (2015) “Grofers’ 90 minute delivery: A bumpy road ahead” paper presented in the International Conference on Advances in Management and Technology 2015 jointly organized by University of Nebraska Omaha and Jaypee Business School, Noida at Jaypee Business School, Noida during December 18-20, 2015.
- Bandyopadhayay, A., & Jain M. (2013) “Proposed Framework in Developing an Efficient Electronic Supply Chain”- published in the compendium of the International Conference on Innovation and Management, Jan. 28-31, 2013, pp. 97, ISSN-2218-6387 Organized by Society for Innovation in Management, Sapporo, Japan.
- Bandyopadhyay A., Mehta N., Dutta S. (2012) “Digital Media- The New Language of Communication” In the ELTAI Conference Proceedings, BITS Pilani, Department of Language and Communication, Pilani during October 8-9, 2012.
- Bandyopadhyay A., Mehta N., Dutta S. (2012) “Video Games-Learning and Communication Tool for Teenagers in New Digital Media Age” published in E-Compendium of Papers on Communication - Proceedings of Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India sponsored “National Workshop on Science, Technology and Development Communication” held at Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra (Ranchi) Noida Campus during April 9-10, 2012.
- Bandyopadhyay A., Mehta N., Dutta S. (2012) “Video Game as Learning and Communication Tool for Teenagers in New Media Age – Findings of a study using Classic Video Game - Tetris”- In proceedings of the National Conference on "Global Challenges- Role of Science and Technology in Giving Their Solutions” (GC-RSTS-2012), jointly organized by Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities, ECE & CSE at The Technological Institute of Textile and Sciences, Bhiwani, Haryana during March 3-4, 2012.
- Bandyopadhayay, A., and Jain M. (2012) “Integrating ICT in Developing Efficient Supply Chain for Gaining Competitive Advantage”- In proceedings of the National Conference Technology to Common Man 2012: Green Supply Chain Strategies for Sustainable Development, February 17, 2012, Organized by Galgotias Business School in partnership with Global Compact Network, India, Greater Noida, India.
- Bandyopadhayay, A. (2009) “Application of Simulation in Supply Chain Modelling” - published in the compendium of National Seminar on " Supply Chain Management in SME’s: Gaining Competitive Advantage” held on November 14, 2009 at ITS-Institute of Management, Greater Noida, India.
- Bandyopadhayay, A., and others (2009) “Knowledge Module in Higher Education Management”, Technology and Change Management, School of Education, Indira Gandhi National Open University (Course Material of IGNOU), November 2009, New Delhi, India.
- Organized International Conference on Advances in Management and Technology 2015 (jointly organized with University of Nebraska Omaha and Jaypee Business School, Noida) at Jaypee Business School, Noida during December 18-20, 2015.
- Attended SAP Curriculum Congress-2011, organized by SAP University Alliances, North America, at Monterey, California, USA, during March 10-12, 2011.
- Attended International Conference on Infrastructure Finance (ICIF-2010) organized by Vinod Gupta School of Management & RCG School of Infrastructure Design and Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal, India during June 03-05, 2010.
- Attended international faculty development program organized by Jaypee Business School, Noida in collaboration with Chartered Institute for Logistics for Transportation (CILT), London during April 24-25, 2009.
- Attended 4th Indian Management Conclave organized by MBAUniverse during August 02-03, 2013 at India International Centre, New Delhi.
- Attended AIMA 7th National Research Conference on “Entrepreneurship, Employability and Business Education” organized by AIMA in association with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and National Board of Accreditation (NBA) at India International Centre, New Delhi, India during November 27- 28, 2012.
- Organizing member of “World Summit on Accreditation (WOSA-2012)” organized by AIMA and NBA (National Board of Accreditation) during March 25 – 27, 2012 at Hotel Ashok, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
- Attended QIP Short Term Course on “Supply Chain Management and E-Business” organized by Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal, India during November 23-28, 2009.
- Attended Workshop on “Introduction to ERP Using SAP” organized by SAP India Pvt. Ltd. at International Management Institute, New Delhi, India during July 20-24, 2009.
- Organized and participated CILT workshop at Jaypee Business School, Noida, during April 24-25, 2009.
- Organized one day Conclave on “Supply Chain Management-Opportunities and Challenges” on October 7, 2008 at Jaypee Business School, Noida, India.
- Attended AICTE Sponsored Quality Improvement Programme on New Paradigms of Managing Human Resources at FMS, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi during March 15-19, 2004.
- PhD thesis examiner of Mr. R.K. Vyas, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, India (2015).
- Chaired the concurrent session VI in the 8th National Research Conference on “Managing Turbulence in Management Education: Aligning with the Needs of the Industry” organized by All India Management Association (AIMA) at India International Centre, New Delhi, India during March 19-20, 2014.