JBS BBA Program
About the Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) Program
The 4 years full time BBA curriculum is imaginative and flexible and is comprised of creative combinations of disciplines of study. Innovative and stimulating pedagogical practices stimulate the students’ learning experience..
Option 1-Honors with research. This will have dissertation as an integral part in Semester 8 along with discipline specific electives.
Option 2-Honours. This will have Industry project as an integral part in Semester 8, along with discipline specific electives.
Successful graduates of this course can opt for a range of jobs from sectors like Finance, Marketing, Sales Management, HR, Data Analytics, Healthcare and Education Management.
Salient Features of the Program
One of the hallmarks of our BBA program is the strong linkage between industry and academia. This is achieved through corporate internships, live projects, guest lectures and industry visits.
1. Mandatory corporate internship at the end of second year of BBA for a duration of 6 to 8 weeks with 3 credits provides exposure to the corporate culture. Each student submits individual corporate internship report and make presentation before panel of faculty members for its evaluation. There are three components in Corporate Internship report; Industry Analysis, Financial Analysis and Research/Live Project assigned by corporate mentors.
- a. Live projects and PBL (Project Based Learning) are part of specialization courses where students undertake field work and prepare assignments and reports
- b. Students interact with visitors from industry who share their corporate and life experiences during guest lectures and gain first hand knowledge about the latest trends in job and entrepreneur markets.
- c. Industry visits are organized for understanding the manufacturing processes and port operations.
- d. JBS has tie up with other institutions of repute including foreign universities for conducting summer school for BBA students
2. JBS has planned an International Immersion Program for BBA students for the upcoming batch of BBA.
3. BBA curriculum has been revised based on the NEP recommendation and 4-year BBA with research has been introduced from 2023 Batch onwards. It gives flexibility to students to take a break from studies and rejoin the program, or exit at the completion of 1, 2,3 or 4 years.
4. Students in the third year are provided specialization options among Marketing, Finance, Business Analytics and HRM.
5. Extracurricular activities as part of JYC (Jaypee Youth Club) and annual fest (Impressions) along with departmental events and cultural activities provide students opportunities to showcase their art and management skills.
6. Excellent placement opportunities for both summer internships and final placements are provided to BBA students and number of students opting for jobs and placements in on the rise.
7. Separate AC hostels for boys and girls with Wi-fi facility, geysers, water coolers, housekeeping, laundry services and dispensary providing doctors and free medicines are available in campus.
8. Annapurna, the mess serves quality vegetarian food necessary for an optimal diet.Strong mentoring system where students are assigned faculty mentors from first day itself to track the academic progress as well as monitor the welfare of the student inside the university campus.
BBA ProgramBBA Program BBA Admission Procedure Curriculum Objectives BBA Curriculum Courses currently on offer in the ODD
Semester for BBA program BBA Fee Structure / Refund Policy Academic Calendars Time Table Rules & Procedures Download E-brochure Download BBA Application Form View Your Application Status