Dr. Sujata Kapoor, a PhD. in Corporate Finance is working as an Assistant Professor with Jaypee Business School. She has more than a decade of academic experience. Currently she is serving as Area chair (Finance) at Jaypee Business School and is responsible for handling various advance courses in finance. Academically, she has earned MBA (Finance), M.Com and B. Com (Hons.) from prestigious institutes in India. She has to her credit various prestigious publications in international journals (ABDC category) like Managerial Finance, Review of Behavioural Finance and Qualitative Research in Financial Markets (Emerald Publication), Global Business Review (Sage Publications). Her research interest includes Corporate Finance and Behavioural Finance. She has also successfully done PhD supervision in the area of Behavioural Finance.She has recently written a text book on “Behavioural Finance” with sage publications.
- S. Kapoor and J.M. Prosad, "Behavioural Finance", Sage publication, Sage Texts(https://in.sagepub.com/en-in/sas/behavioural-finance/book268774), 2019
- S. Kapoor, "Dividend Policy and its impact on Shareholders' Wealth" LAP Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, 2011. (ISBN (978-3-8433-9436-9).
PAPERS IN REFEREED INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS:
- H. K. Baker, S.Kapoor and I. Jabbouri, “Institutional perspectives of dividend policy in India”, Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Vol. 10 (3), pp.324-342,https://doi.org/10.1108/QRFM-07-2017-0067, 2018(ABDC Category)
- S. Kapoor and J.M. Prosad, “Behavioural Finance: A Review”, Procedia Computer Science, Vol.122,50-54,Elsevier,2017
- J. M. Prosad, S. Kapoor and J. Sengupta and S. Roychoudhary, “Overconfidence and Disposition effect in Indian equity market: An empirical evidence”,Global Business Review.First Published October 9, 2017 https://doi.org/10.1177/0972150917726660(published in GBR 19.5, September-October 2018 issue.)(ABDC Category)
- J. M. Prosad, S. Kapoor and J. Sengupta, “Behavioral Biases of Indian Investors: A Survey of Delhi-NCR Region”,Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Emerald Publishing House, Vol.7 (3), 230-263, August 2015. (ABDC Category)
- H. K. Baker and S.Kapoor, “Why Indian firms engage in stock distributions”, Managerial Finance, Emerald Publishing House, Vol.41 (7), 658-672,July 2015(ABDC Category)
- H. K. Baker and S.Kapoor, ”Dividend Policy in India: New Survey Evidence, Managerial Finance (Special Dividend policy issue)”, Vol.41 (2), 182-204,Emerald Publishing House, January 2015.[Rated as top 20 articles of Managerial Finance] (ABDC Category)
- J.M. Prosad, S. Kapoor and J. Sengupta, “Exploring Optimism and Pessimism in Indian Equity Market”, Review of Behavioral Finance, Emerald Publishing House, Vol.7 (1),60-77,June 2015(ABDC Category)
- J. M.Prosad, S. Kapoor and J. Sengupta, “Impact of Overconfidence and the Disposition Effect on Trading Volume: An Empirical Investigation of Indian Equity Market”, International Journal of Research in Management and Technology (IJRMT), Vol3(4), August 2013
- J.M. Prosad, S. Kapoorand J. Sengupta, “An Examination of Herd Behavior: An Empirical Evidence from Indian Equity Market”, International Journal of Trade,Economics and Finance(IJTEF), Vol.3 (2): 154-157, March 2012.
- K. Anil and S. Kapoor,“Determinants of Dividend Payout ratios- A study of Indian Information Technology sector”,International Research Journal Of Finance and Economics, Issue 15:63-71, May 2008.
- S. Kapoor, and K. Anil, “Relevance of Information asymmetry Models-a study of Indian Information technology Sector”, International Journal of Business research, Vol.7 (5): 1-9, October 2007.
- S. Kapoorand K. Anil, “Leading Determinants of Dividend payout Ratios- A study of Indian FMCG sector”,Management and Organization, Vol. 2(2), December 2010.
- S. Kapoor, K. Anil and A. Misra, “Dividend Policy determinants of Indian FMCG sector: A factorial analysis”,Journal of Modern Accounting and Finance, Vol.6( 9):50-64, September 2010
PAPERS IN REFEREED NATIONAL JOURNALS:
- K. Anil and S. Kapoor, “Relevance of Signaling and Smoothing approaches to dividend- A study of Indian FMCG sector”,Business Perspectives,Vol.10(1):13-22, Jan-June 2008.
- S. Kapoor, A. Mishra and K. Anil, “Dividend Policy determinants of Indian Services sector: A factorial analysis”, Paradigm,vol.14(1):24-41 ,July 2010
- K. Anil and S. Kapoor,“Relevance of Signaling and Smoothing Approaches to Dividend: A study of Indian IT Sector”,Asia Pacific Business Review, and Vol. IV (4):104-123, October-December2008.
- S. Kapoor, “Relevance of Information Asymmetry Dividend models- A study of Indian FMCG sector”, Effulgence ,Vol.6(2):12-17,July-Dec 2008
- S. Kapoorand N.Mishra, “Implementation, Application& Benefits of Delivery Order System - A Case Study of Samsung India”,ICFAI journal of supply chain management ,Vol.IV(3): 82-97 ,September 2007.(The same study has also been included in ICFAI case book.)
- S. Kapoor, “Dividend policy – A review”,Management review, Vol.34:10-14, September, 2007.
- S. Kapoor,“Relevance of information asymmetry models in Indian context,”Indian Journal of Finance, Vol.1(2): 7-12 ,June- July 2007.
PAPERS IN CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS:
- H. K. Baker and S. Kapoor,“Dividend Policy in India: New Survey Evidence”,Financial Management Association annual meet, Nashville, USA, October 15th-18th ‘2014,
- J. M. Prosad, S. Kapoor and J. Sengupta,”Do overconfidence and disposition effect prevail in Indian Equity market: An Empirical Evidence”, India Finance conference, IIM Calcutta, December 2012.
- J.M. Prosad, S. Kapoor and J. Sengupta, “An Examination of Herd Behavior: An Empirical study on Indian Equity Market”, IEDRC India Conference, Chennai, March 2012.
- S. Kapoorand K. Anil, “Determinants of Corporate Dividend Policy in Indian Information Technology Sector: A factorial Analysis”, International Finance Conference,IIM Calcutta,December 2009.
- S. Kapoor, K. Anil and N. Abidi, Determinants of dividend payout ratios- A study of Indian FMCG sector, “The International Conference on Global Issues in Business and Technology, National Institute of Financial Management”, India, August 2008.
- S. Kapoorand K. Anil, “Relevance of Information asymmetry Models-a study of Indian Information Technology Sector”, Research/ Teaching Excellence in Business and Economics, Las Vegas, Nevada, October 2007.
PAPERS IN BOOKS:
- J. M. Prosad, S. Kapoor and J. Sengupta, "Theory of Behavior Finance”, Handbook of Research on Behavioral Finance and Investment Strategies: Decision Making in the Financial Industry, A volume in the Advances in Finance, Accounting, and Economics (AFAE) Book Series, IGI Global., (ISSN: 2327-5677; eISSN: 2327-5685), 2015
- J. M. Prosad, S. Kapoor and J. Sengupta, "Asset Pricing Bubbles”, Handbook of Research on Financial and Banking Crisis Prediction through Early Warning Systems, A volume in the Advances in Finance, Accounting, and Economics (AFAE) Book Series, IGI Global., (ISSN: 9781466694842; eISSN: 9781466694859), 2015
CONFERENCES / WORKSHOP (ATTENDED / ORGANIZED)
- Successfully organized twice, 10 days workshop on “NISM& ICFL Certification in Equity Trading & Investment” at Jaypee Business School.
- Organized a one day round table seminar on “Catalyzing new opportunities and innovations in Corporate Finance” at Jaypee Business School.
- Organized Workshop on “Commodity markets” conducted by NCDEX Mumbai at Jaypee Business School.
- 5 day work shop on 4th International workshop on Quantitative Finance at IIT Kanpur (22nd to 25th December’12)
- 2 days workshop on Stochastic Optimization Models and Solution Methods, News Analytics at IIM Calcutta (16th to 17th March’12).
- 1 day workshop on Data Mining for Market research at AIMA New Delhi. (29th April 2011)
- 6 days workshop on Analytical Techniques and Research methods at GD Goenka World Institute, Sohna Road Gurgaon.( 22ndto 27thMay’10).
- 2 days Seminar on Finance and Economics at IIT Delhi. (13th to 14th May’10).
- 15 days Summer School on Social Research Methodology and Data Analysis sponsored by MHRD/AICTE at IIT, Kharagpur (21st Sep.’ to 04th Oct.’09).
- 2 days Workshop on Recent Advances in Research Methods & Data Analytical Tools organized by AIMA, Delhi (14thto 15th May’09).
- One week workshop on Research Methods & data Analysis using SPSS Sponsored by AICTE at Apeejay Dwarka(25th to 29th May’09).
- 5 days NEN Foundation Course, at the International Management Institute, Delhi (20 to 24th April’09)
- Jaya M. Prosad – “Impact of Investor’s behavioral biases on stock returns and its implications on stock selection decisions: An empirical analysis of Indian stock market.”, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology
- Tanu Khare-“Behavioural biases and their impact on decision making process”, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology
- Pooja Tripathi- “Sustainability marketing”, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology
- Editorial Review board member of Journal of Asia Business Studies, Emerald Group of Publications.(ABDC Category)
- Received AICTE travel grant for presenting paper in IABE October’07 International conference held at Las Vegas.
- H. K Baker and S.Kapoor, "Dividend Policy in India: New Survey Evidence", Managerial Finance (Special Dividend policy issue), Vol.41 (2), 182-204,Emerald Publishing House, January 2015 has been rated as top 20 articles of Managerial Finance.
- Acting as Reviewer for the following journals
- Qualitative Research in Financial markets, Emerald Group of Publications.(ABDC Category)
- Asia Pacific Journal of management, Springer.(ABDC Category)
- Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance, Emerald publications.(ABDC Category)
- Review of Behavior Finance, Emerald publications.(ABDC Category)
- Financial Planning Review.(ABDC Category)
- International Journal of Hospitality Management (an Elsevier publication).
- International Journal of Tourism Research (a Wiley publication).
AWARDS & HONOURS
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
- Senior Member of International Economics Development and Research Center (IEDRC).